Being the switchboard specialists and having to regularly carrying out safely audits on so many different types of switchboard installations it never ceases to amaze us as to how lucky some people are. Household Electrical switchboard issues can be a ticking time bomb.
Older switchboards were designed to supply power to a small number of kitchen or household appliances, not to the numerous ones you have bought and added to your home over the years.
A simple (Free) switchboard audit will at least put your mind at ease and reassure you that your equipment is up to the task of the modern requirements and you’ll have comfort knowing that you have taken the steps to eliminate potential hazards for you and your family.
The Range Electrics switchboard Audit Team are highly skilled electricians who provide a professional service to disconnect your old fuse board and conduct switchboard upgrades/installations. Your new board will comply with the most up to date regulations, complete with safety switches ensuring optimum electrical safety.
Just one simple loose wire connection is all it takes to create a heat spot which can turn very nasty. That’s why todays current switchboards are fitted with automatic trip circuit breakers and safety switches which cut the electricity supply when there is an electrical fault. This can save your appliances, protect your electrical cables from catching fire, and most importantly save a life from electrocution.
No matter what type of property your home or workplace is, a reliable circuit breaker switchboard installed offers perfect peace of mind.
Why are switchboard upgrades necessary?
- Outdated switchboards are highly prone to short-circuits and overload, resulting in sparks creating fires which tend spread quickly.
- There is greater chance of personal electrical shock with older boards. The new circuitry will shut down instantly when power leakage is detected. Critically important where young inquisitive children are concerned but just as important for any age or situation.
- An electrical safety switch will also shutdown mains power in the event a fault occurs within an appliance. Once shut down it can’t damage the appliance further or cause it to catch fire.
Do you have confidence that your old switches will be able to tackle such a huge power supply?
- If you experience lights that flicker all the time.
- If you experience fuses that blow for no apparent reason.
- If you experience localised power outages.
- If you experience frequent power tripping.
- If you experience heat coming from your fuse board or switchboard.
If you experience any of the above its most likely that your electrical equipment is crying out for switchboard upgrades.
If you are at all concerned about your increased power usage and the strain it might be placing on your wiring or circuitry, then a free Audit is essential.